A detailed breakdown for each ingredient and why it is included in our cat food products.
- Balances amino acids, maintains skin and coat health, excellent source of carotenoids, essential fatty acids, Vitamins A, D, E and K, calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, B12, folate, copper, manganese and selenium.Calcium Lactate
- Essential calcium for balancing the phosphorus in the muscle meat portion of the diet. An acid-forming calcium source, so important for the carnivore. It is important that an ideal ratio of calcium/phosphorus be maintained on this diet. Essential for healthy bone growth, strong teeth, skin and coat.Beef Liver Powder
- An essential addition for Vitamin A retinol. For vision, immune defenses, maintenance of body linings and skin, bone and body growth, normal cell development, and reporduction. Vitamin A helps form and maintain healthy teeth, skeletal and soft tissue, mucous membranes and skin. Vitamin A boosts the immune system by stimulating white blood cell function and increasing the activity of antibodies. It also plays a key role in the immune system by helping protect from infections. Vitamin D and iron.Gelatin
- Collagen for development and maintenance of connective tissue, helps to relieve joint pain. Maintains strong bones, healthy skin and coat. Rich source of amino acids, essential for the health of the carnivore.Whey Protein Concentrate
- Excellent source of multi-minerals, especially magnesium. Whey protein is also a rich source of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), containing the highest known levels of any natural food source. Promotes muscle tone.Psyllium husks
- Soluble fibre, helps to sweep the intestinal tract, and also aids in absorption of endo-toxins in the large bowel. Aids in treating both diarrhea and constipation by bulking the stool.Essential Fatty Acids from Fish
- A micro-encapsulated fish body oil powder, rich in Omega 3's. Aids in pain and inflammation, maintains cardiovascular health, brain function. As the name suggests, an essential part of the diet. Sourced from sardine and anchovy.Taurine
- An amino acid that is essential for heart health and vision as well as fetal growth in cats. It is destroyed in the presence of heat.Digestive Enzymes & Prebiotics
- Digestive enzymes are essential for every function of the body. Heat processing destroys enzyme activity, so the addition of these enzymes aids in digestion of the cooked meal plan. (Only included in U-Stew for Cats)Kelp
- Excellent source of iodine, for thyroid function, good source of multi-minerals.Barley Grass
- Good source of plant-based amino acids, antioxidants, folic acid, pantothenic acid, carotenoids, flavonoids, Vitamins B and C, plant-based multi-minerals, chlorophyll, excellent liver cleanser, neutralizes toxins in the body.Vitamin E Succinate
- (alpha-tocopherly succinate) Protects cell membranes against damage by free radicals, enhances immune response. Water soluble.Vitamin B Complex
- Aids in breaking down carbohydrates into glucose, aids in breaking down fats and proteins, essential for a healthy nervous system, aids in reducing stress. Essential for healthy eyes, skin and coat.