- Pet Food Products
- Dog Food Products
- Dog Food Information
- Cat Food - Products and Information
- Ferret Food - raw meat diet
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Nutrition Facts - Dog Food
- Nutrition Facts - Cat Food
- Pet Health
- Dog Health
- Dog Anal Glands
- Canine Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Are We Vaccinating Dogs Too Much?
- Canine Candida and Antibiotics
- Canine Osteoarthritis and Hip Dysplasia
- Dog Obesity - Reasons and solutions
- Dog Tartar and Gingivitis
- Dog Vaccinations
- Hip Dysplasia in Dogs
- Hot Spots and Alopecia
- Why Raw Meat?
- Dog Allergies
- Pancreatitis in Dogs
- Dogs & Diabetes
- Cat Health
- Feline Diabetes
- Pancreatitis in Cats
- Urinary Tract Infection in Cats
- Feline Obesity - 'The Fat Cat'
- Feline Struvite Crystals - prevention
- Feline Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Hepatic Lipidosis in Obese Cats
- Dry Cat Food Consequences
- The Hunter & The Wild Feline Diet
- Why Feed Raw Meat?
- The Holistic Veterinarian - An Opinion
- Homemade Cat Food
- Homemade Dog Food
- Natural Pet Food & The Absence of Chronic Health Conditions
- Dog Health
- More Information
- Join Us on
- Order Now
- Shopping Cart
- Singapore & Japan
- Our Blog
- Site map
Better in the Raw for Dogs - Raw Dog Food
Better in the Raw for Dogs is a premix for preparing a raw meat diet for dogs. This raw diet is ideal for dogs of all ages and is made with 100% human grade ingredients. No grains of any kind are used. Just add water, raw meat and raw liver.
Better in the Raw is designed to be combined with water, raw meat, liver and optional vegetables in the amounts and proportions stated in our literature. It is not a food for dogs on its own nor meant to be a sprinkle-on vitamin supplement. No additional supplementation is necessary when feeding this raw meat based diet. All other dog foods should be removed from the dog's meal plan, including dry food.
• 1/2 cup Better in the Raw
• 1 1/2* cups water
• 2lbs. (900g) raw meat
• 1/4lb. (100g) raw liver, chopped or pureed
• 1/2lb. (225g) vegetables, chopped and steamed (vegetables are optional).
Larger batches can be made and frozen for convenience.
• Pour the cold water into a bowl, add Better in the Raw powder, and mix.
• Thoroughly, but gently combine your choice of meat and liver, and if desired, vegetables with the moistened mixture.
• Divide into serving sizes based on the weight of your dog.
|1/2lb for a 20-25lb dog|
|1lb for a 50-60 lb dog|
|2lb for a 100lb dog|
• Freeze the finished product for storage. Thaw as needed.
• Thaw frozen dog food by warming to room temperature in a warm water bath before serving and remove un-eaten food within 30 minutes to be refrigerated. Do not leave the raw food out at room temperature.
• The dog food will keep fresh for 24 hours once thawed and refrigerated.
Based on "as fed" per pound of finished dog food including meat - 85% lean.
63.7g or 14%
6.0g or 1.3%
49.0g or 10.8%
4.71g or 1%
You Add: Raw meat, liver & water.
The ingredients we use to make Better in the Raw are 100% human grade. All materials are natural, and no preservatives, colours, or other artificial additives are used.
Sizes and Cost to Feed
Cost to feed a 25 lb Dog is $1.00- $1.50 per day including the meat, based on a total cost of $2.50/lb.
12oz. (340g) 2lb. (908g) 5lb. (2.27Kg) 25lb. (11.34Kg) Bucket
• 12oz. makes 15lb. of finished food
• 2 lb. makes 40 lb. of finished food
• 5 lb. makes 100 lb. of finished food
• SAVE - 25 lb. bucket makes 500 lb. of finished food - get together with family and friends buy a bucket and save 40% or more.
* Holistic Veterinarian Approved
Know Better Pet Food products meet and exceed AAFCO nutritional guidelines.
Please call us toll free for more information or to order by phone 1(866)922-6463